Vice President, Data Strategy
Scripps Networks InteractiveNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Scripps Networks Interactive is currently seeking a VP Data Strategy. The VP, Data Strategy will proactively lead data-driven efforts and initiatives for Scripps Networks with a focus on enhancing the monetization of our assets using data, the cultivation and exploitation of first party/third party data, and the use of data to inform programming and marketing decisions. This leader supports the advertising sales and audience growth efforts of the Scripps Networks Interactive across both linear and digital properties. This leader in the pursuit of the goals will look for consumer insights that can be used by SNI.
• Work very closely with ad sales leadership, research, and marketing to drive ad sales data roadmap and the development and execution of new data-driven marketplace offerings that can be monetized by our sales teams.
• Develop SNI's direct to consumer relationships through personalization and profile enhancement.
• Work with and assess a myriad of data providers to understand value and gain insight into platform performance.
• Develop innovative custom solutions for advertising clients by combining raw data from first party and third party data sources. Engage directly with clients on large data deals and cross-functional engagement to build and foster usage of data for audience growth.
• Provide business and strategic leadership and development of SNI's cross-platform audience warehouse
• Collaborate with technical counterparts to ensure proper delivery, storage and usage of data environment.
• Collaborate with research counterparts to convey the full story of how SNI's audiences uses of both content and advertising.
• Champion efforts across the company to collect, manage and exploit internal and external data to drive better decision making and identify and pursue data-driven growth and monetization opportunities.
• Lead a team of ~20 specialists across data science, web analytics, data marketing and audience development, and analytics/optimization.
• Determine best approaches for aggregating viewership, engagement and ad effectiveness across all platforms to support monetization and viewership.
• 10 years of relevant organic marketing experience and related software tools.
• Bachelor's Degree in interactive media, journalism, communications, marketing, creative writing or equivalent experience with strong skills in computing, logic and analysis
• Deep understanding of media and television and digital marketplaces.
• Strong background in digital including ad targeting, marketing, analytics.
• Deep knowledge of multiplatform products and measurement including such tools as omniture, redshift, sql.
• Strong background in building relationships across teams and functions.
• Strong technical and/or statistical background.
• Ability to tell a story with data and explain complex approaches simply.
• Strong people management and communications skills along with demonstrated ability to lead a team and manage many diverse projects simultaneously
• Advanced degree required, ideally in a mathematical field.