Production Manager, Digital Video
Scripps Networks InteractiveNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Scripps Networks Interactive, the leader in lifestyle media with top brands such as HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is on the hunt for our next amazing Production Manager to provide support to the Production Director, Scripps Lifestyle Studios in executing logistics, production and contract management for our newest multi-platform brand, Genius Kitchen.
Joining us at our Chelsea Market location in New York, New York, this production guru will perform a critical role in helping a group of Video Producers and Digital Programming and Editorial teams execute on short- and long-form video content while trafficking and managing the flow of deliverables through all phases of production.
What Are the Scripps Lifestyle Studios?
The Scripps Lifestyle Studios is a full-service editorial unit that spearheads the development of compelling lifestyle editorial experiences across multiple platforms including social media, apps, websites, and third party offerings.
• Manage multiple digital video series with both 3rd party production companies and internal production teams following projects from development through delivery and launch for digital platforms.
• Advise on all aspects of deal memos, budgets, schedules, production details and deliverables for video content across platforms in conjunction with video producers and Production Director
• Maintain video operating budget for brand with Production Director including reviewing cost reports to forecast final costs for various internal productions
• Line produce internal shoots including, but not limited to negotiating and hiring crew, building budgets and schedules, managing the production shoot logistics with video producers
• Manage and maintain master list of video projects to keep teams apprised of project status while in various stage of completion
• Manage vendor and freelancer contracts
• Supervise Production Assistant
• Collaborate with other Production Managers and Coordinators on maintaining process documentation and finding efficiencies
• May require some post production management and familiarity with post workflows
Something to note:
Although we try to stick to the 8 hour work schedule, sometimes our work creeps into evenings and holidays when we have a big project going down. Don't worry though, one of our core values is Work/Life Balance and we stick to it. We're definitely flexible and get that work is only one part of your life.
• You have 3 years of experience in production management working on both short and long form content for a TV network or digital lifestyle brand.
• You have impeccable organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
• You monitor timelines and adjust your work as needed, prioritizing the most important pieces to achieve incredible success in a fast-paced, startup-style environment
• You have excellent communication and follow-up skills and are capable of working on multiple projects in various stages of production
• You shine with a 'can do' positive attitude and love collaborating with multiple teammates
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
• You understand TV and Digital formats, terminologies and practices
• You understand post production workflows with strong working knowledge of all digital file formats
• You have no problem navigating production logistics, rights issues, talent negotiations and current industry standard practices.
• You really understand millennial-mindset viewing habits across a variety of platforms and have proven track record of executing on strategies to effectively reach them.
• Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package Bonus
• Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
• Eligible for retirement benefits (401k matching additional funds for age/service)
• Fantastic paid time off package of 19 days in 1st year (includes vacation, sick and personal days)
• 9-10 company paid holidays a year on top of that!
• Industry leading maternity/paternity leave program
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Identity theft protection and access to legal services