Paid Intern - Technology
Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Technology Intern (Seasonal)
Timeframe: January 2017 - May 2017.
Wage: $11.00/hour, No relocation or housing expenses provided.
MUST be enrolled in a College or University or a recent graduate (within 6 months) to be considered.
The Sacramento Kings Technology Group is looking for a highly motivated and talented Summer Intern to join our team. This candidate will join an organization of team members that strive for and achieve excellence on a daily basis. Our ownership group is committed to technology and has a vision of NBA 3.0 which is to make basketball a premier sport of the 21st Century via the following vectors: TECHNOLOGY | GLOBALIZATION | SPORT AS AN AGENT OF SOCIAL GOOD.
In this role the candidate will be part of a team that has built the smartest entertainment and sports complex on the planet. Our team is passionate about technology and focused on delivering outstanding services to our team members, fans and community.
• Troubleshooting end user computer problems.
• Communicating problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to customers and management.
• Creating and following standard processes, plan effectively to complete tasks on schedule, and clearly document results.
• Providing end user support to an internal client base of 200 users.
• Internal end user support of all PC hardware and peripherals.
• Other duties as assigned by management
• Computer inventory management
• Day to day work and basic configuration and deployments;
• Perform game day tasks and or preparations for basketball and ticket sales operations.
• Must have flexible schedule to support internal and external event
We are looking for a highly motivated technology professional who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and is excited about new technologies and keeping up with them.
• Must be a current student enrolled in a four-year college program; technology related degree is preferred.
• Must possess full understanding of PC architecture
• Must have a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays as well as regular business hours.
• Dependable transportation that will allow for the intern to be punctual daily and allow for travel to and from venues in the Sacramento Area.
• Ability to troubleshoot and debug hardware and software applications
• A professional demeanor with the ability to communicate with front office employees, vendors, and guests conduct themselves accordingly.
• The ability to multi-task, establish priorities and work well in a face paced and team environment.
• The ability to complete physical tasks such as lifting up to 50 lbs., climbing stairs and being on your feet for long periods of time.
• This individual should provide helpful and courteous customer service to all vendors and guests and have the ability to problem solve on the fly.
• Must be detail-orientated, self-motivated, and enthusiastic, along with excellent oral and written skills.
• Any IT experience working for a team, athletic department, or with a sporting event is beneficial.
• The ideal candidate should be organized, aggressive, professional, mature, self-starting and committed to the sports industry.
• Strong communication skills are a necessity.
• Knowledge of system design, development and implementation procedures, ability to troubleshoot and debug hardware and software applications.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you currently college student or recent college graduate (within 6 months)?
• Why are you interested in this internship?