Paid Intern - Public Relations Seasonal
Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Timeframe: January 2018 - May 2018. (Part-Time, 25 hours week)
Wage: $11.00/hour, No relocation or housing expenses provided.
MUST be enrolled in a College or University or a recent graduate (within 6 months) to be considered.
Summary: This position is responsible for providing a wide range of support to the Communications Department in all areas including, but not limited to, writing press material, pitching media stories, fielding media calls, running department-related errands, helping with special event planning and set-up, gathering research and performing some administrative duties for the Communication Department.
Key Responsibility Areas (KRA's):
• Assists in writing press releases, media advisories and other media material as directed by the Communications Department.
• Responds to internal and external requests for information as directed by the supervisor.
• Builds and maintains current media lists.
• Clips all articles as directed by supervisor and maintains up-to-date media clips log.
• Assists in coordinating special events; duties can include receiving bids, preparing event time frames and schedules and final reports, etc.
• Assists in preparing and disseminating media material.
• Performs clerical duties (i.e., collecting messages, scheduling appointments, running errands, etc.).
• Other various duties and projects as assigned.
• NOTE: This is not a player-related position. The Communications Intern will work on business operations elements of the Sacramento Kings, including community relations, Golden 1 Center and related projects, Sleep Train Arena, and partnership announcements.
• 1-2 years of Public Relations experience preferred.
• Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field preferred.
• Must be able to work game nights, extended hours, days, weekends and holidays when necessary.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, social media channels and Internet search capabilities.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining composure.
• Must be goal, detail, and multi-task oriented with the ability to prioritize.
• Service oriented; committed to teamwork and catering to the customer.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you a student currently enrolled in a university, college, or a recent graduate?
• Are you local resident (Within 30 miles of Sacramento Area)?
• Are you able to work at least 25 hours a week?
• Please submit your writing samples. Must submit writing samples to be considered. (Examples include Press Release, Media Advisory, Op-Ed, Published Article)