Intern - Golden 1 Center Marketing
Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Summary: Assist in the marketing and promotion of all concerts, family shows and other entertainment events at Golden 1 Center.
Timeframe: January 2017 - May 2018 (25 hrs, week)
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Supports the Director, Arena Marketing in the execution of marketing campaigns for non-Kings Golden 1 Center events.
• Assist in brainstorming, planning, and implementation of marketing plans, ideas, and proposals for concerts, family shows and other non-Kings events.
• Work with Creative Services, Communications and Digital departments to schedule, prioritize and manage internal projects.
• Ensure project deadlines are met by communicating daily with Creative Services.
• Assist in ordering Marketing materials by requesting project quotes with vendors (i.e.-print, signage, promotional items, etc.).
• Process purchase orders (PO's).
• Support Marketing department on any other projects and promotions as needed.Assist with arena events or promotions on nights and weekends as needed.
• Draft email communication and coordinate email campaigns to support the announcement, pre-sale and on-sale of non-Kings events.
• Develops and maintains grassroots marketing activities in the Sacramento region.
• Marketing, Advertising, Business or related major/degree required.
• Applicable experience from internships, school athletic department or school organizations preferred.
• Must be computer proficient with an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-starter with a positive attitude; committed to teamwork.
• Must be detail-oriented, organized and able to prioritize within a fast-paced team environment.
• Must be a friendly, professional, personable, and outgoing individual.
• Creative, solution based thinker.
• Must be enrolled in a 4-year college degree or university or graduated with the last 6 months.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including event nights & weekends.
• Must have a valid drivers license and a clean driving record.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you currently a college student or recent graduate within 6 months?
• Are you a local resident?