SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Organizer will implement major internal and external organizing campaigns for the Union.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Plan and execute campaign time tables.
• Recruit new member activists and prospective member leaders.
• Develop and mobilize organizing committees; cultivate relationships with community and political allies.
• Provide vision and leadership to member organizers and staff through training and supervision.
• Work with national and local staff and members in conjunction with all research, communications, political, and legal aspects of the campaign.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Proven presentation and training skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to motivate, lead, build strong working relationships.
• Self-motivated, great attitude and strong team player.
• Strong sense of professionalism and integrity.
• Keeps abreast of industry changes.
• Experience providing detailed regular reporting and tracking of progress.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in written form.
• Demonstrated effective skills in the use of PC applications.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Bachelors degree in Labor Studies or related field and/or equivalent work experience in direct union organizing and/or campaign driven work of at least 1-3 years.
• Familiarity with the media and entertainment industry a plus.
• Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Must have a current driver license, automobile (in reliable working condition), and current automobile insurance that meets the state minimum requirements.