Case Manager, Financial Assurances Compliance
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION PURPOSE: The purpose of the Financial Assurances Case Manager position is to manage the day-to-day operations of the Financial Assurances department and to oversee the administrative function of the department in relation to Compliance, the in-house foreclosure program and bankruptcies. The Case Manager works collaboratively with the Compliance Manager and National Director to synthesize and analyze data relating to producers and their compliance with collective bargaining obligations in order to determine the best course of action for devising effective Financial Assurances strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Manage collection accounts in collaboration with FA Compliance Manager to ensure that residuals are paid in a timely manner
• Manage the workflow and supervise administrative assistants, and interns
• Provide administrative support for bankruptcies
• Collaborate with FA Compliance Manager on strategic initiatives relating to collection accounts and residuals reserve accounts
• Provide administrative support for in-house foreclosure program
• Draft financial assurances-related legal documents and other substantive correspondence under counsel supervision and direction
• Manage buyers assumption agreement approval process
• File or record financial assurances related documents, as needed, where task requires specialized expertise beyond the scope or availability of the Theatrical Contracts department
• Research and analyze claims data related to cases and prepares charts, graphs and other visual representations of pertinent data to assist National Director in devising Financial Assurances strategies
• Perform research related to financial assurances legal matters and other research, as needed
• Contact, negotiate with, and manage outside vendors and consultants
• Special projects as required by National Director
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Able to maintain comprehensive records and is detail oriented.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (strong emphasis on Excel) and other PC applications including (Qlikview, Oracle, and Documentum).
• Able to accurately type 35 WPM.
• Ability to work well independently, as well as with a team and within organizational structure.
• Can identify when supervisory/attorney output is needed.
• Deals professionally and discreetly with confidential matters.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non-exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Bachelor's degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience with financial assurances-related matters a plus. Previous paralegal experience a plus.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations: