Business and Economics Analyst
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION PURPOSE: The Business and Economics Analyst will be responsible for performing research on specific business entities and industries to support SAG-AFTRA's negotiations, contract administration, and organizing efforts. The individual will perform this research using various public and proprietary sources of information and synthesize written reports to communicate relevant findings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.
• Conduct financial statement analysis of publicly-held companies.
• Research the business trends of publicly- and privately-held companies.
• Track macro-level economic data in the media and advertising industries and identify meaningful trends.
• Find specific business information to address strategic and operational questions.
• Critically evaluate the quality and relevance of business and economic information.
• Compile relevant business and economic information in a way that enables analysis.
• Clearly communicate relevant findings in writing.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Understanding of micro- and macro-economics principles.
• Must posses a strong analytical ability.
• Understanding of Media, Entertainment, and/or Advertising Industries.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Superior writing skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Able to organize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: High degree of patience and tact, and must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic, and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds; both internally and externally.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Economics, Finance, etc.) with 2 years of relevant experience; or, the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
• College-level coursework and/or experience in Financial Statement Analysis required.
• Candidates may be asked to submit a copy of their Senior Thesis or other comparable research-based writing sample.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations: