SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Business Representative (TV and New Media Entertainment Contracts)
The Business Representative will sign producers to various New Media collective bargaining agreements, and provide contract information to producers, members, and members representatives. This role will also enforce contracts, research and file claims, as well as participates in outreach and educational events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interprets and enforces contracts.
• Files claims on behalf of all principle performers.
• Coordinates with SAG-AFTRA's Legal department on claims referred for arbitration; prepare claims synopses summarizing relevant issues pertaining to claim and claim history; may be required to provide expert testimony in arbitration.
• Communicates with initiating claimants regarding the progress on, and ultimate resolution of their claims; creates reasonable expectations regarding the outcome.
• Interprets and explains to members, signatory companies and third parties involved in the exploitation of -SAG-AFTRA's covered productions, the provisions within the SAG-AFTRA Television Contracts.
• Sign companies to collective bargaining agreements, including negotiating and obtaining all proper chain-of-title and required financial assurance documents.
• Audit productions for contract compliance on an as needed basis
• Represent SAG-AFTRA through participation in various committees, workshops, seminars, panel discussions and speaking engagements in the industry. May also serve as a staff liaison to various SAG-AFTRA committees or other posts as may be assigned
• Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Must have the ability to read, understand and interpret contracts.
• Must be customer service oriented and have the ability to interact well with members, performers, studio management and staff with tact and diplomacy.
• Familiarity with Oracle systems would be advantageous.
• Must have comprehensive mathematical knowledge and abilities.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Able to accurately type 35 WPM.
• Able to use PC applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively articulate complex contract issues and compose orginal correspondence and reports.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office products ( (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Must be well-organized and detail oriented.
• Must be able to work under pressure and work to imposed deadlines.
• Must be able to multi-task and work independently.
• Negotiating skills - able to negotiate with diplomacy.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Undergraduate degree in business, labor relations or related discipline or a combination of 5 years of education and experience in a business environment.
• Legal knowledge/experience preferred due to the complexity of chain-of-title and financial assurances issues involved in the signatory process.
• Prior contract work experience in New Media platforms and digital technology, including digital production practices, hardware and software, industry players and entertainment business a plus.
• Juris Doctor degree a plus.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations: