Temporary Assistant Editor
RodaleNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Men’s Health magazine seeks a creative, organized and resourceful temporary editorial employee to join our fast-paced team in the Emmaus, PA office. Responsibilities will include research, pitching, and writing for the magazine; assisting senior staff members day-to-day; and helping, as needed, with the overall execution of the magazine, menshealth.com, and other brand extensions.
The ideal candidate is a curious and energetic journalist; a self-starter with a “no job is too small” attitude; and an immediate contributor in terms of pitching and writing articles. The candidate should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, juggle various tasks at once, communicate effectively, and work well with people throughout the Men’s Health editorial process. A passion for the Men’s Health brand and great enthusiasm to help improve lives and engage readers is a must.
• Researching, pitching and writing about news and trends in health, fitness, relationships, and nutrition for both print and digital platforms
• Ability and willingness to pitch in and help wherever needed
The ideal candidate possesses:
• Journalism/English degree or similar
• Prior work or internship experience at a website or magazine publisher
• A strong interest in health and wellness
• Multimedia experience
• Solid writing, editing, and computer skills