Senior Event Director
Full Time Job
Senior Event Director - ReedPOP (Based in UK)
JOB TITLE: SENIOR EVENT DIRECTOR
REPORTS TO: GLOBAL HEAD OF REEDPOP
BASED IN: LONDON/DAVENTRY
WHAT'S COOL ABOUT THIS JOB:
ReedPOP has recently acquired MCM ComicCon and has started an exciting new ReedPOP division in UK. In this role you will be responsible for 6 established ComicCon events – in London, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow – with great opportunities for investment and growth in the ComicCon portfolio.
The role is perfect for a hard-working, talented individual with experience of relevant B2C events and an ability to manage multiple challenges and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment. The ability to build relationships and be an adaptable problem solver are critical
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE:
• Ensure that all events fit within the guidelines of what it means to be a Comic Con event and that the brand is correctly positioned internally and externally for future growth
• Plan, execute, grow and deliver the best possible experiences for the shows whilst balancing the financial needs of the business
• Manage the full P&L for the event portfolio including tracking, forecasting internal reporting to senior leadership
• Direct sales and marketing strategies and execution to properly define and deliver world class experiences for fans while also delivering a combination of higher revenue and profits
• Manage the sourcing and delivery of high quality content for publication and broadcast
• Deliver superior customer solutions by identifying customer needs and problems that need to be solved and leveraging those solutions to transform business needs
• Create a ''one team'' approach through collaboration with domestic and international marketing, sales, operations and talent/content teams
• Ensure all messaging and imagery represent Comic Con positively and authentically to both internal and external audiences on a global level
• Develop and maintain industry relationships, working with advisory boards, cultivating a network of industry experts and leaders, and adding to ReedPOP's knowledge of industry trends, climate, players and issues
• Deliver the Commercial Plan, including growth targets, sales and marketing plans, content and talent development
• Work with ReedPOP Global Talent Manager to develop high quality talent plans
• Develop and improve content plans for all shows
• Identify key exhibitors for all shows, oversee sales planning and dealer quality
• Oversee market and PR messages
• Create a positive environment which reflects the ReedPOP values
• Retain key talent and recruit and develop new staff members
• Drive high levels of performance and commitment throughout the team
• Manage communications and stakeholders in MCM, ReedPOP and Reed UK
• Work closely with the ReedPOP and Reed UK to drive all commercial matters for the business
• Work with Operations team to improve onsite visitor experience and deliver operational excellence
• Work with HR to recruit new roles
• Work with Finance teams to report financials accurately and effectively
• Work with IT teams to develop and implement system strategies and changes
• Degree or equivalent business training or experience preferred
• Five or more years of experience in the Pop Culture industry (preferred) and/or B2C event experience
• Must be highly collaborative with a ''We'' not ''Me'' mentality.
• Highly organised, detail oriented & proactive with a strong ownership sensibility and a passion for our brands.
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take the initiative to create something new
• You must be resourceful and willing to find creative solutions that will help you achieve your goals
• We are looking for an individual who is a creative thinker and a problem solver – someone who can bring innovative ideas to grow the brand and the business and be capable of executing upon them.
• We want a social and empathetic leader that will truly care about our audiences and live for making them happy as often as possible
• You should be team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners.
• Strong conceptual planning, creative vision, and innovation skills.
• You should be a happy, optimistic person that enjoys seeing the big picture while striving to create a great future for our brands
• Must be flexible and able to adjust within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules.
• Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and focus on finding solutions
• You should be flexible in your viewpoints, always looking for the best ideas and ready to be an advocate for ideas other than your own
• Must be a humble leader that is secure enough in yourself to be able to ask for help, say ''I don't know'' and always learn from your mistakes.
• A true passion for pop culture and our fans
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organisation
• Professional level knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Some travel is required and weekend attendance at shows 6 times per year