Business Development Lead - Anime
Full Time Job
WHAT'S COOL ABOUT THIS JOB:
ReedPOP is looking for a dynamic and highly-motivated professional that truly loves Anime and Japanese pop culture. We're looking for a Business Development Lead to help us conceive and execute partnership strategies and drive efforts to expand our focus on Anime, Manga and Cosplay. The Business Development Lead for Anime operates outside of time zones, thinks on a global level and is responsible for helping create, plan and execute of all of the incredible Anime content that will come to life at our shows around the world! You will have the opportunity to flex your creative muscles by curating content, building experiences and creating events that resonate with fans of Anime, Manga and Cosplay. Your day to day responsibilities could be anything from filling 3,000 seat theaters, to curating intimate workshops, to setting up meet and greets and running offsite activations. One day, you'll have high level meetings with content partners; the next, you'll be pushing crates across a loading dock; and the next, you'll be filling in detailed spreadsheets at the ReedPOP office. You will be our resident expert on all things related to Anime and you will help us build exciting new experiences, events and content that will resonate with Anime fans all over the world! What could be cooler than that
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE:
• Create and curate Anime content for domestic ReedPOP shows as well as assisting international shows in our portfolio
• Nurture professional relationships, and understand the nuances of the Anime and Japanese Pop Culture industry
• Facilitate, coordinate and execute all aspects of our Global Championships of Cosplay including hands-on stage management at our domestic shows, and advising our global teams on how to run their international competitions
• Drive new business opportunities based on your relationships in the Anime industry
• Conduct accurate deal forecasting and revenue delivery
• Provide a strategic perspective for our event teams, delivering critical business insights related to the Anime industry and launching initiatives that impact the market
• Coordinate website content, write copy, schedule announcements and work with our web design and marketing teams
• Coordinate communications, shared calendars, credential requests, and any logistical needs required to successfully present our events.
• Motivated self-starter who can find solutions and work around issues independently
• Maintain an eye for detail on projects big and small, while communicating with the team to meet deadlines
• Relationship management, customer service, attention to detail and follow up are vital components of this role
• Work independently, and work collaboratively with internal ReedPOP teams and with global teams
• Adapt to shifting deadlines, changing schedules and priorities, and unpredictable events in a fast-paced environment
• Must be curious and excited to learn more about new cultures, markets and fan communities
• Flexible and open minded; willing to take on a variety of roles and tasks without concern for their implied ''status.''
• Contribute ideas and solutions on how to improve the Anime content and overall experience for Anime fans and guests at our shows
• Track internal deadlines for all announcements, printed materials, onsite signage and assets
• Work closely with the marketing team on the timing of all press releases and announcements related to anime content at our events
• Must have a strong capacity for multi-tasking, working independently and collaboratively, and have effective time management skills
• Create and cultivate a ''one team'' approach through collaboration with event management, talent, marketing, finance, and operations
• College degree in a relevant field
• Must have a true passion for and current knowledge of the Anime and Manga industry and its fans
• Familiarity with Japanese, Korean, and other Asian pop culture content, as well as understanding the nuances of navigating that industry
• Competitive Cosplay experience or a love of Cosplay is a definite plus
• Minimum of 2 years experience in live events, project management, marketing or other relevant field
• Strong copy writing skills are required
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Professional knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google Docs and Sheets
• Graphic design experience not required, but a plus
• Current passport and willingness to travel up to 20%-30% of the time.
• Must be willing to work at odd hours and participate in phone calls with international teams when needed
• Must be highly collaborative with a ''We'' not ''Me'' mentality.
• Highly organized, detail oriented & proactive with a strong ownership sensibility
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take the initiative to create something new
• You must be resourceful and willing to find creative solutions that will help you achieve your goals
• We want a social and empathetic person that will truly care about our audiences and live for making them happy as often as possible
• You should be team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners.
• You should be a happy, optimistic person that enjoys seeing the big picture while striving to create a great future for our brands
• Must be flexible and able to adjust within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules.
• Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and focus on finding solutions
• You should be flexible in your viewpoints, always looking for the best ideas and ready to be an advocate for ideas other than your own
• Must be a humble person that is secure enough in yourself to be able to ask for help, say ''I don't know'' and always learn from your mistakes.
• Some domestic and possibly international travel is required. Approximately 6-8 times per year
WORKING FOR REEDPOP:
ReedPOP wants individuals who demonstrate initiative, an inquisitive mind, an entrepreneurial spirit, a creative vision, an obsession with making things better, a passion for solving puzzles, the humility to laugh at yourself, the willingness to ask for help when you're over your head (you will be), the ability to deal (healthily) with multiple projects, tight deadlines and demanding partners. We work how we live and we apply our passion for pop culture to every aspect of what we do. We want someone who can't help but wake up at 3 AM thinking about improving the experience for our fans. Our culture is creative, fun, supportive, open without exception, and as with all positions at ReedPOP, the focus is on fans first, regardless of if they're in a three-piece suit or walking around with a four-foot sword made out of cardboard. At ReedPOP, we've found that positive, genuine, good-hearted people make great co-workers, so that's the type of person we hire. Bring us your creativity, personality, customer focus and enthusiasm for pop culture – we can't wait to meet you!