Video Editor - Closed Caption
Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Pac-12 Network is seeking a freelance Video Editor- Closed Caption who will thrive in a quickly growing, fast-paced, collaborative environment. This position reports to the Senior Project Manager – Production and is responsible for creating and maintaining the content and integrity of Pac-12 Enterprises' Closed Caption video content throughout the edit environment.
The duration of this position is from August 2017 - July 2018 and will approximately 20-40 hours per week.
• Primary responsibility is to help in the creation as well as delivery of Closed Caption content necessary for re-broadcast and post produced programming, specializing in video editing in short and long-form assets.
• Learn and use repeatable, streamlined editing processes, but with a special emphasis on implementing Pac-12 Network's integrated edit systems that is ''quick turnaround based'' within MAM system.
• Use of video editing systems, Adobe Premiere CC and Dalet Timeline, to create content.
• Ability to own projects from inception to completion.
• Handle and incorporate content elements provided by Creative Services. Use these content elements according to Network Brand and Style guidelines with direction from Manager – Pre/Post Event Content and the Director of Post Production.
• Work with Programming, Media Management, and BITS departments to successfully deliver file-based assets on deadline.
• Minimum 2-3 years of prior work experience in studio television production or sports television or digital media industry.
• Ability to work ''off'' hours i.e. late night, weekends, possibly overnight.
• Advanced use of editing software (Adobe Premiere and Dalet) and other contemporary editing software as preferred.
• Previous experience with Closed Caption workflow desired.
• Background in editing and media management.
• Ability to efficiently handle post-production projects with multiple episodes and extended timelines.
• Strong problem identification and reporting skills.
• Portfolio of relevant editing projects.
• Passionate about Collegiate Sports, particularly Pac-12 Sports.
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty, and fans.
• Ability to tell and/or maintain a storyline with rhythm; explicit attention to detail.