General Manager - Arizona State University
Pac 12 NetworksTempe, AZ
Full Time Job
The Pac-12 MMR General Manager (GM) for the Arizona State property reports to the SVP, Partner Services & Sales Administration, Pac-12 Networks/Pac-12 MMR Board Member, and is responsible for the overall management, execution, and administration of Pac-12 MMR, including the relationship between Sun Devil Athletics at Arizona State University (ASU) and Pac-12 MMR. The GM will lead a team of professionals that will work closely with the ASU Athletic Department and university administration to strategically grow the Athletic Department’s corporate sponsorship business in close alignment with the Pac-12 MMR strategy. A successful GM will sustain and grow the business through increased sales and a high rate of renewals and will increase partner satisfaction by overseeing the flawless execution of sponsorship fulfillment.
The GM will manage the Pac-12 MMR team based in Tempe, AZ, and is responsible for the overall success of a group of account executives, corporate sponsorship staff, and other supporting functions of Pac-12 MMR.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience managing a team of sales staff and developing corporate marketing partnerships. This position will be responsible for creating a high volume of new business, leveraging current industry relationships to Pac-12 MMR’s advantage, and implementing high-level corporate marketing partnerships for the university athletic program while also building and maintaining relationships with corporate partners and the athletic department staff.
• Responsible for the health of the overall Pac-12 MMR business at ASU, and accountable to Pac-12 MMR leadership in San Francisco as well as to ASU Athletics senior management in Tempe.
• Responsible for setting and achieving revenue goals for the business, and for being actively involved in the prospecting and sales process to drive revenue growth.
• Works closely with athletic department staff with the objective of managing the ASU Athletics brand to ensure the highest attainable level of success.
• Communicates industry opportunities to management and helps facilitate conversations and initiatives designed to best position Pac-12 MMR for success.
• Demonstrates a clear understanding of the college athletics sponsorship industry, client/partner needs, and competitors by accurately forecasting revenue, delivering quality solutions to the marketplace, and resolving any ongoing client issues or challenges.
• Influences and gains buy-in from all internal stakeholders, including working cross-functionally with ASU staff and the Pac-12 MMR team.
• Works in concert with Pac-12 MMR leadership and ASU Athletics to develop and manage the annual fiscal budget for the Pac-12 MMR/ASU entity.
• In conjunction with Pac-12 MMR senior management, promotes MMR property excellence on all levels in the execution of recruitment, selection, training, development, supervision, and evaluation of the team.
• Leads, motivates, trains, and retains high-performing, high energy team of direct and indirect reports who are passionate about delivering results.
• Works to foster positive employee relations and teamwork.
• Contributes ideas and promotes team culture that impacts overall company goals and objectives.
• Provides additional services as requested.
• Minimum of 10 years successful experience managing a team of corporate sponsorship sales and activation staff.
• Proven track record working with Human Resources and Executives to manage people, personalities, and tackle employee relation issues head-on as they arise.
• Excellent communication, organizational, presentation, and listening skills.
• Successful track record in selling and customer account management.
• Able to motivate others through leadership.
• High energy level and extremely motivated to succeed.
• Interacts well with others in fast-changing environments.
• Effective problem-solving abilities.
• Manage time effectively, and orchestrate multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
• Must be able to travel 25% of the time.
• Able to work nights and weekends as dictated by Sun Devil Athletic events.
• Strong working knowledge of the Phoenix market is preferred
• Passionate about ASU / Pac-12 sports.