Junior Account Executive, Brand Marketing
PMK*BNCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
PMK• BNC New York is seeking a Junior Account Executive on our Brand Marketing team. The ideal candidate must have excellent financial management skills and be able to adapt to multiple assignments and deadlines in a frequently-changing environment.
PMK• BNC is a strategic marketing and communications firm that specializes in Entertainment and popular culture. PMK• BNC represents many of the world's most prominent actors, actresses, directors, films, production companies, television properties, musicians, authors and content creators, as well as leading consumer brands and prestigious special events. The firm employs a staff of more than 300 professionals spanning offices in Los Angeles, New York and London. PMK• BNC thrives on being ahead of the curve and works with their clients to create ideas that build engaged audiences and connect with consumers through popular culture. PMK• BNC is a part of Momentum Worldwide and McCann Worldgroup within Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
• This position will be responsible for various elements of our financial management process including staff plans, variance analysis and client profitability analysis.
• Work with client finance teams to accurately forecast, analyze and report client revenue, expenses and profitability on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
• Liaise with and advise account teams, as needed, regarding finance matters; work in conjunction with the teams to reach appropriate solutions
• Monitor and analyze resource allocation vs. utilization (planned vs. actual)
• Monitor contractual relationships with clients to ensure compliance with all billing, compensation and reporting terms
• Prepare monthly revenue recognition schedules adhering to corporate guidelines and client contracts.
• Update monthly revenue forecasts by client.
• Support month-end, quarterly and year-end closing activities
• Support internal and external auditor schedule requests
• Assist with ad-hoc projects
• Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
• A minimum of 3 years of experience is required
• Strong customer service orientation and ability to collaborate
• Ability to work autonomously
• Ability to multitask and problem solve with little to no direction
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Strong understanding of Accounting terms and practices
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to learn new programs and systems quickly
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Adherence to laws and best practices in regards to dealing with customers and data
• Comfortable dealing with numbers and the processing of financial information
• High degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness
• Outstanding inter-personal skills with the proven ability to interact and pro-actively work with colleagues and clients of all levels and personalities
• Strong analytical skills, highly logical and with a meticulous eye for detail
• Sufficient professionalism and presence to liaise with clients and procurement re rates and reconciliations
• Highly organized with the ability to handle simultaneous projects, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills.
• Prior agency or service industry experience preferred.
• Familiarity with Oracle and/or SAP systems a big plus
• Knowledge of GAAP is a plus
• Prior experience with financial reporting is a plus
• Prior experience working for a publicly traded company is a plus
PMK• BNC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D