Director, Brand Communications
PMK*BNCLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Brand Communications (Lifestyle & Gaming)
PMK• BNC's Los Angeles is seeking a dynamic Director, Brand Communications (Account Director) to lead a Fortune 500 video game brand account across the consumer media and mainstream influencer verticals.
This individual will bring a verifiable track record in gaming, consumer and lifestyle verticals, developing and implementing successful, integrated PR campaigns, including breakthrough media relations, leveraging social media and activating top-tier influencers, celebrities and athletes.
This person has excellent people-management skills and has mastered the client/agency process. She/he will bring an entrepreneurial mindset to the account and an inspirational style to managing the team. The ideal candidate will have successfully leveraged client initiatives through PR, social media and influencer programs, generating measurable results against client goals. She/he can manage talent and executives through message training/briefing and media interviews.
Viable candidates can point to specific experience successfully leading their teams in the planning, development and execution of best-in-class, multi-channel PR programs, including: media relations, social media campaigns, brand positioning, talent engagement, budget management and client/account management.
The ability to manage on-site media and talent, a high degree of creativity and a high level of energy and commitment is key to success in this role.
PMK• BNC is a strategic marketing and communications firm that specializes in entertainment and popular culture. PMK• BNC represents many of the world's most prominent actors, actresses, directors, films, production companies, television properties, musicians, authors and content creators, as well as leading consumer brands and prestigious special events. The firm employs a staff of more than 300 professionals spanning offices in Los Angeles, New York and London. PMK• BNC thrives on being ahead of the curve and works with their clients to create ideas that build engaged audiences and connect with consumers through popular culture. PMK• BNC is a part of Momentum Worldwide and McCann Worldgroup within Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
• As team leader, translate strategic direction into successful activations and provide direction and guidance to account team
• Serve as day-to-day leader for account team members ranging from account supervisors to administrative assistants
• Develop creative, results-driven marketing and public relations programs that garner high-profile media results and accomplish client objectives
• Develop and maintain strong personal relationship with senior clients
• Create and deliver client presentations and plans
• Attend account reviews and staff meetings - provide ongoing communication and feedback
• Develop quality standards and ensure client satisfaction
• Supervise all writing and editing and provide direction to ensure quality control
• Manage account finances, develop accurate estimates and adhere to approved budgets
• Identify and develop client growth opportunities
• Work with peers to further the mission, goals and culture of the agency
Required Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing or related fields
• 8 years of media relations experience; large agency/client experience strongly preferred
• Video game account experience is required
• Consumer lifestyle media relations; sports and entertainment media experience also strongly preferred
• Experience managing a team of PR professionals from entry-level through supervisor level
• Ability to develop strong traditional media, social media and influencer strategies
• Must be on top of pop culture with a keen sense of news and trends
• Experience managing multiple short- and long-term plans simultaneously
• Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
• Experience engaging mid- to senior-level clients; experience working with game developers, celebrities and athletes a plus
• Strong leadership and team management skills
PMK• BNC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D