Art Director, Hotels & Resorts
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Nickelodeon, our mission is to make the world a more playful place. We are a group of creative and passionate individuals who together, as a team, create unforgettable experiences for kids and families. In addition to our existing resort in Punta Cana, we are developing new Nickelodeon Hotels & Resorts in California; Riviera Maya, Mexico and other parts of the world.
Do your friends wish you could design the world? Do you make everything you touch more beautiful and more fun? Then Nickelodeon wants to meet you! We’re looking for an Art Director to oversee design for Nickelodeon Hotels & Resorts / Events and Experiences. Working directly with Nickelodeon staff, licensing partners, and design firms, you will create unforgettable experiences that deliver on Nickelodeon’s mission to make the world a more playful place. From high-level creative oversight to hands-on design, you will be responsible for infusing Nickelodeon’s distinctive personality into our hotels and resorts and beyond This role reports to the Sr Art Director, Nickelodeon Events and Experiences based in New York. This position will be based in NY.
• Able to deploy your exceptional taste in design to produce best-in-class creative.
• Understand kids and families, and bring a playful and thoughtful touch to promoting and celebrating Nickelodeon’s brand and aesthetic.
• The embodiment of Nickelodeon’s core values. Your enthusiasm, originality, innovation and refined aesthetic sensibility elevate all your projects.
• Oversee the design and creative direction of multiple resorts of different sizes simultaneously, ensuring that our brand identity shines through all aspects of resort development.
• Your superb relationship skills enable you to collaborate effectively with licensing partners, design firms, internal stakeholders and creative teams as well as the Nickelodeon project team to guide the visual development of all Nickelodeon elements.
• Have a knack for articulating visual direction and conveying your vision to project teams and design firms.
• Supervision of construction and installation of all Nickelodeon elements.
• Always on top of project schedules, budgets and contracts, because you’re a total pro.
• Don’t sweat the need to work the occasional weekend or holiday, and you’re up for all kinds of travel.
• At least 5 years of design experience in the hospitality industry.
• Feel right at home working with high-visibility brands, and pride yourself on building strong relationships
• Right-brain/left-brain ninja with the perfect blend of strategic and creative thinking
• Multitask like a demon, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Leadership skills that allow you to motivate and inspire both internal and external design teams
• Up to speed on all the latest software and use it skillfully to design and comment electronically, but can also draw and sketch to get your ideas across
• Knowledgeable of materials, construction, and scenic techniques
• Able to negotiate like a career diplomat, gracefully and skillfully collaborating with cross-functional teams
• Amazing communication and presentation skills
• Aware of sensitive and confidential information. Loose lips sink ships!
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite savvy and know at least a little about CADD and 3D modeling
• Speak multiple languages? You savvy world traveler, you!
• Attend kick-off meetings
• Develop creative in conjunction with Sr AD and Creative Director
• Help coordinate junior staff/freelancers for large projects
• Review partner submissions
• Cover for Sr AD when travelling or meeting conflicts arise