Visual Communications Manager, LATAM
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Do you love entertainment? Are you an avid fan of TV series, film and docs? Does going behind-the-scenes of an action packed stunt sequence get your adrenaline going? Are you unapologetically guilty of flipping through your favorite entertainment magazine captivated by the photos?
Here at Netflix we've build a team that specializes in capturing and creating photo and video materials to shape, enhance and support publicity campaigns for Netflix original content.
The role requires world class creativity & an inquisitive / innovative personality. The Visual Communications team has the enviable position of straddling two worlds in the entertainment industry: asset creation & global communication strategy.
We are seeking an individual focused on our Latin American business tasked with strategizing & creating materials (images, featurettes, clips, etc) designed to encapsulate the global & local positioning of Netflix original films, series and documentaries.
As part of the Netflix publicity team, they help to define publicity strategy for every series, film & documentary we promote in Latin America.
This role works across photo and creative content/EPK, utilizing knowledge of TV/film productions, talent/filmmaker relations, and publicity events as part of the Netflix originals publicity team.
The successful candidate will also be willing to get their hands dirty. They need to strategically plan and execute multiple projects at once while being extremely well organized, creative, a succinct communicator and a team player in a fast-paced environment. They must be self-motivated, possess integrity and able to work autonomously. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and drive their colleagues to do the same.
This job is based in Los Angeles and reports to the Visual Communications Manager, Originals Publicity.
Here at Netflix, we don't have rules and regulations. We hire adults who act responsibly on the resources and freedom they are given to do their work, and we expect high performance in return.
of the role include:
• Prioritize investment levels, establish workflow and develop strategy for a slate of diverse projects that are promoted in LATAM
• Drive communication between the LATAM & US teams, key internal cross functional stakeholders, showrunners/filmmakers and talent reps
• Identify and adapt to changing business needs
• Develop and execute strategic campaigns utilizing elements of visual communication - Elements of a campaign include, but are not limited to, the hiring, producing and management of: unit/episodic photography, Netflix owned out-of-character photo shoots, EPK/behind-the-scenes content including talent interviews, featurettes/short form content, pitching sizzles, show/film clips for online debut and appearances, event photo and video production elements including junkets, premieres and awards panels/activity
• Manage budgets
• 8 years of experience at a network or studio
• Fluency in Spanish (Portuguese also preferred)
• Experience working in Latin America preferred (Specifically in Mexico and Columbia preferred)
• Management experience preferred
• Strong team playerDeadline-oriented with strong time management skills
• Strong eye for producing visual assets
• Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing prioritiesMust be able to work independently, make sound decisions, think strategically, and maintain accuracy and attention to detail
• Must possess solid organizational, effective time management and excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
• Understand the photography/video industry
• Knowledge in digital file specs & size formats
• International travel is required
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Demonstrate the ability to think innovatively - connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A Smart Minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
Has a Point of View
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves at a nice pace and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.