Transportation Specialist, Production
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking an experienced Transportation Specialist to oversee our transportation compliance program. Responsibilities include supporting and monitoring individual productions to insure compliance, identifying gaps and weak points in the system to improve workflow, and providing instruction and feedback to productions when needed. This position will report to the Transportation Manager in Los Angeles and work in conjunction with Netflix physical production leads, risk management department, and production safety department. The Transportation team is responsible for supervising all aspects of production related transportation for our global original series, films, documentaries and comedy specials.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 104 million members in over 190 countries. With continued international expansion and a move into original film acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires a proactive and positive thinker who is able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Specific responsibilities include:(Some of these responsibilities are coordinated with DOT Administrators on the ground and Third Party vendors)
Federal and State DOT number setup and maintenance
• Set up DOT numbers and Motor Carrier authority for domestic productions.
• Set up California motor carrier authority for the California based Netflix Productions:
1) Create a Motor Carrier Profile with CHP. Get a CA # 2) Create an account with CA DMV EPN (Employer Pull Notice) Program 3) Register and get a CA Motor Carrier Permit
USDOT Drug and Alcohol program administration
• Set up accounts with Third Party Administrator company and Drug and Alcohol collection sites and labs.
• Set up company with a consortium member agreement (CMA) with CSATF for Teamsters 399 studio driver.
• Act as the company's representative and administrator for all Federal and State DOT safety audits.
Driver and Vehicle management and administration
• Oversee the production DOT administrator's collection, auditing, and scanning of paperwork from drivers.
• Verify that drivers are qualified to operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) per policy and government regulations.
• Insure that drivers aren't exceeding the allowed on duty & drive time per the regulations, and that the productions are aware of the limitations.
• Make sure all vehicles rented by the company are compliant with federal and state DOT regulations, and that files are maintained per the regulations and company policy.
• Perform random onsite auditing of DOT compliance paperwork and Q&A/Training with drivers and transportation management.
• Oversee ELD (Electronic Logging Device) sourcing, implementation and training in coordination with the Transportation Manager.
Production Oversight and Innovation
• Provide insight/education to the studio and productions regarding how compliance limitations might affect the production.
• Dealing with wrapping of production company transportation dept. Overseeing data management and record retention as required by the law.
• Explore new technologies, test and pilot new programs to see how they will affect our industry in an effort to streamline film and television production transportation compliance.
• BA/BS Degree
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment simultaneously supervising multiple productions.
• Expertise in Federal and State motor carrier regulations (knowledge of International regulations is a plus).
• Knowledge of studio driver union rules, per each local union, from which the company is hiring drivers.
• Knowledge about production transportation equipment.
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters.
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting.
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information.
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly.
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current regulations both domestically and internationally.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task.