Technology And Corporate Communications Manager - Northern Europe
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
It's not often there's an opportunity to be part of the communications leadership team for a fast growing and highly admired company that's redefining the way consumers enjoy entertainment. Fuelled by consumer delight in being able to watch TV shows and movies instantly, Netflix is now the leading global Internet TV network with over 100 million members in 190 countries.
We are now searching for a Technology and Corporate Communications Manager (Northern Europe) to help expand our already sizeable business within the Europe, Middle East and Africa markets. In addition to offering its service to consumers throughout the region, Netflix is producing series and films in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK and will likely expand its regional slate in coming years.
The Technology and Corporate Communications Manager (Northern Europe) will be a member of a small, seasoned group of communications pros helping formulate, execute and sustain a communications strategy for Netflix. The Corporate Communications function is viewed by Netflix senior management as strategically critical to building on the company's already impressive success in a fast-changing, highly competitive media landscape.
This individual will help build the Netflix brand and its service throughout Northern Europe (territories to include, but not limited to: Germany, Scandinavia, Central and Eastern Europe) focusing on technology and corporate communications tactics. He/She will work closely with Netflix teams in California and in Europe to promote Netflix through storytelling around Netflix technology and innovation. Additionally, this individual will help build and protect the Netflix reputation and safeguard the brand throughout the region.
The Manager must:
• have a global orientation, with experience of working in multiple countries in the EMEA region and, ideally, the ability to speak multiple languages (ideally German);
• have excellent news judgement as well as very strong writing and communications skills;
• have - or be capable of - quickly establishing trusted relationships with journalists and influencers throughout EMEA;
• be able to work cross functionally and build relationships inside and outside the organisation;
• be capable and confident to serve as a company spokesperson in different cultural and media milieus;
• be deeply familiar with, and enthusiastically curious about, the entertainment sector, technology, innovation, media;
• be an entrepreneurial self-starter who comes up with new approaches and is eager to try those out; and
• love entertainment and the prospect of delivering stories from all over the world to people all over the world.
For more on Netflix's culture see our blog.
The successful candidate will likely possess between eight and twelve years of experience in media, corporate or agency settings. Of particular interest are candidates with backgrounds in the entertainment sector and those who are used to working in a fast-paced environment that requires agility, selflessness and intense focus.
The Technology and Corporate Communications Manager, Northern Europe, will report to the Director, Corporate Communications, EMEA.