Manager, Studio Strategy & Analysis
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Our members love content. In 2017, Netflix has spent billions of dollars on acquiring and programming content in every window for every taste -- from brand new, never-before-seen Originals to timeless classics that are watched over and over again. In order to build the best service in the world, we look for the best and brightest to drive the analytics behind our strategic business decisions. Netflix operates a financially complex business and believes that it derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach it takes to managing the company.
The Studio Strategy & Analysis team is looking for a Manager to join its Hollywood team. The Manager will be responsible for strategic support of the company's studio efforts through deal valuation, strategic planning, and competitive analysis. In addition, the Manager will work with the Director of Studio Strategy & Analysis on special strategic projects.
The Manager will have a high degree of visibility with senior management within the organization. Senior leadership depends heavily on the Studio Strategy & Analysis group to accurately model and forecast the business as well as lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform important business decisions.
This role will reside in Netflix's Hollywood office and report to the Director of Studio Strategy & Analysis.
• Lead the analysis and valuation of new deals in partnership with the physical production team to facilitate decision making and timely execution
• Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators
• Develop deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities
• Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
• Manage analyst(s) on the team: establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback
• Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators. Ideal candidates will have an MBA and a proven track record of superior financial modeling and statistical analysis, including prior experience in consulting finance and/or strategy-related role. Prior experience in Media & Entertainment, especially at a studio, and a passion for the business is a plus.
• The successful candidate must display, through attitude and accomplishments, strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers. He/She must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly ''roll up their sleeves'' to perform more routine tasks in the same day that they are asked to prepare analysis and a presentation to the executives of the company. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• 6 years of experience in a corporate strategy role at a leading player in the entertainment industry and/or an analytical role at an investment bank or management consulting firm. For candidates with MBAs, typically we would look at candidates with 2 years post-MBA experience
• Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Strong communication/presentation skills with track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
• Exceptional proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation