Director, Studio Real Estate & Facilities - Worldwide Studio Operations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking aDirector, Studio Real Estate & Facilities as part of our growing Worldwide Studio Operations team based out of our Los Angeles Headquarters. This leadership position will oversee a team responsible for the day-to-day operation of Netflix-owned and/or leased production facilities worldwide, along with the implementation and management of our acquisition, leasing and development pipeline, working closely with cross-functional teams within Netflix.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix is the world's leading Internet television network with over 104 million members in over 190 countries. With this international expansion and a growing slate of International Original productions, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication.
• Oversee worldwide studio facilities management, real estate and office services, working closely with corporate and production colleagues.
• Establish and maintain worldwide property portfolio to support an aggressive growth strategy.
• Coordinate and manage outside real estate brokers.
• Oversee construction & development and office & space planning services to support production needs.
• Manage a team responsible for production facility move-in and move-out processes across all content types.
• Oversee emergency preparedness, inspections, compliance and physical plant safety in conjunction with Netflix Global Safety team.
• Take ownership of construction projects ensuring sensible scope, timetable, quality, cost. Provision consultants, vendors and suppliers while managing financial elements of construction projects, partnering closely with internal teams.
• Oversee infrastructure and network engineering teams.
• Partner with special events teams to ensure successful, quality screenings and events held at all studio locations worldwide.
• Review proposals, contracts, and preventative maintenance programs.
• Develop reports and presentations for senior management regarding space utilization and programming.
• Coordinating rent payments and escalation dates with finance and accounting departments.
• Establish financial goals and formulates, recommend and administer annual operating budgets.
• Coordinate with financial planning for forecasting, budget preparation, scheduling of expenditures and variance analysis.
• Any other duties as necessary to support the productions and the department.
• 10 years experience in entertainment-specific campus operational management, commercial building property management or real estate commercial portfolio management, managing vendor services, contracts and both union and non-union staff. Candidates will likely be in a senior executive role (i.e. SVP or equivalent) level outside of Netflix.
• Team player with an ability to supervise several projects in a fast paced environment.
• Access to long roster of high quality vendors, brokers and production facilities contacts worldwide.
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent manners.
• Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information.
• Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Gdrive, MS Word, Excel. AirTable a plus.
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly.
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and equipment and studios.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box.