Director, Content Strategy & Analysis - Original and Independent Films
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Our members love movies. In 2017, Netflix has spent billions of dollars on acquiring and programming movies in every window for every taste -- from brand new, never-before-seen Original films to timeless classics that are watched over and over again. In order to build the best movie service in the world, we look for the best and brightest to drive the analytics for strategic business decisions. Netflix operates a financially complex business and believes that it derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach it takes to managing the company.
The Content Strategy & Analysis team is looking for a Director to lead Strategic and Financial Analysis for our Original and Independent film initiatives. Working closely with the Business Affairs and Creative teams, the team is primarily responsible for deal valuation, greenlight models, programming strategy and analytics, competitive analysis and user behavioral analysis. We are looking for the leader of this team to help us expand and grow this initiative.
This person will have a high degree of visibility with senior management within the organization. Senior leadership depends heavily on the Content Strategy & Analysis group to accurately model and forecast the business as well as lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform important business decisions.
This role will reside in Netflix's Los Angeles office.
• Lead deal analysis and valuation of new projects (i.e., greenlight models) in partnership with the Creative, Business Affairs and Content Acquisition teams
• Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators
• Develop deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities
• Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
• Develop and manage manager(s), associate(s) on the team: establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback
• 12-15 years of experience in finance, strategy, and/or consulting roles. For candidates with MBAs, typically we would look at candidates with 7 years post-MBA experience
• Candidates must have deep expertise in the Film industry, with at least 5 years of experience in a studio, production company, agency, distributor.
• Deep understanding of greenlight models, waterfalls, participations, etc is required
• Strong communication/presentation skills with track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
• Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
• The successful candidate must display, through attitude and accomplishments, strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers. He or she must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly ''roll up their sleeves'' to perform more routine tasks in the same day that they are asked to prepare analysis and a presentation to the executives of the company. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• Exceptional proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check on you prior to starting with us.