Director, Content Accounting
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Director of Content Accounting is based in the company's Hollywood office and will oversee the accounting for content deals with Netflix's studio partners. The role reports to the Controller of Content and works cross-functionally with original content teams (Business Affairs, Production Finance, Planning and Analysis) and Corporate Reporting.
This role provides you the chance to join a team that is committed to transforming and redefining the perception of what entertainment is and how it can be enjoyed through Netflix original productions. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to 100 million streaming members around the world. With continued investment in a slate of original production and international expansion, t's a great time for you to join Netflix.
• Be a thought leader on accounting policies and workflows (including systems development) for our studio licensed content. Answer such questions as: What is the fundamental differences and similarities between owned productions and licensed content and do these impact our policies, workflows, deal structures and forecasts? Are our internal controls strong enough and flexible enough to material financial errors?
• Represent accounting in various strategy and alignment meetings with management at Director, VP and Officer level.
• Set the short, medium and long-term strategy for the accounting for studio licensed and owned accounting (people, process and systems).
• Own and ensure the timely and accurate monthly close of all aspects of content , including internal and external reporting. You will always be iterating towards making this process scalable and informative.
• Oversee coordination of internal and external audit requests, and the development of and compliance to internal controls for both corporate reporting and production activities.
• Are never satisfied with the status quo; you are always thinking of how to make existing processes better (more efficient and meaningful) and you are open to new or challenging ideas as presented by others.
• Have keen judgment, make sound independent decisions, and know how to listen to others, prioritize issues and when to escalate matters.
• Are comfortable with analyzing data to make informed conclusions. You are curious and deeply invested in learning about things beyond your own area of responsibility.
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view .
• You have a minimum of 15 years of experience in accounting backed by a bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance. Some entertainment and public accounting experience is required.
• A MBA or CPA license is required.
• You have a superior and deep knowledge of ASC 926 & 920 and production related activities and their practical application to business workflows, policies.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.