Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs LATAM
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix seeks a seasoned film and TV licensing attorney to help support our Latin America (plus Spain) licensing and production efforts. With over 100 Million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix.
The successful candidate will work as part of the company's Business & Legal Affairs Team to structure, negotiate and draft agreements with independent and international studios and producers to acquire and distribute content to Netflix subscribers throughout Latin America and around the world. He or she may handle related intellectual property matters as they arise (e.g., copyright), will likely need to delve into local law and practice in various international territories, and should be extremely comfortable making decisions that have both legal and business impact.
This is an opportunity to be part of an established company growing its presence in Latin America. The legal team at Netflix is focused on collaborating with our business partners to find effective, efficient solutions and deliver great content to our subscribers. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious and will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization. The successful candidate will also be excited and inspired by the Netflix culture.
This position will be based in Los Angeles.
The successful candidate will have 3 years of broad-based content licensing experience, including direct experience structuring, negotiating and drafting SVOD and/or pay or free television acquisition and distribution agreements (Latin America market experience a plus), and practical knowledge of the industry (including content windowing strategies and the evolving theatrical, VOD, pay TV, syndication and home video landscapes). Experience providing in-house support in a major studio, television network and/or entertainment company is preferred. Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Clear, concise communication skills.
• Strong analytical capabilities and superior judgment, even when the rules are unclear and the issues are of first impression.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to counsel internal business clients on business and legal impact in various areas including content operations and security, marketing, business development, and product.
• Ability to pivot quickly and fluidly, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
• Excited and inspired by Netflix culture.
• J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required.