Clearance Coordinator, Content & Brand Intellectual Property
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is seeking a seasoned legal clearance coordinator to advise film and television productions on clearance matters related to intellectual property issues, personal rights, and license agreements. The successful candidate will closely collaborate with the company's award-winning television, film, documentary, unscripted, and stand-up comedy productions to manage legal risk. The successful candidate will have a passion for producing filmed entertainment, and working with the producers, writers and creative crew that make scripts come to life. As part of this exciting team, you will be responsible for reviewing scripts, evaluating art, wardrobe, props and other production materials, and negotiating licenses when necessary. Your expertise in production clearance allows you to make fast decisions about risk with imperfect information. You are at heart, a practical problem solver.
This is an opportunity to help Netflix shape the future of filmed entertainment. The successful candidate will be flexible in their approach and adaptable to ever-changing creative and business needs.
• 3 to 5 years of legal clearance experience in film and television advising productions on intellectual property, personal rights, and fair use issues;
• Experience managing fast-paced clearance activities with production personnel, clearance firms and licensors of production materials; and organizing a high-volume of scripts, research reports, license agreements and other clearance documents.
• Experience negotiating and drafting license agreements for a wide variety of production materials.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to collaborate with people having diverse viewpoints and interests.
• Demonstrated ability to drive efficiency and think strategically about production clearance, and risk tolerance.
• Possess a flexible mindset, and a willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.