Summer Intern - Mediatech
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Responsibilities Are you ready for your own future? Do you want to be connected to what's next, what's coming and what people are talking about? You have to choose. Are you a one or a zero? Be the 1 @ NBCUniversal.
Here at NBC, we strive to be on the forefront of innovation and are seeking a savvy troop of technologists we call ''Media Tech Interns''. This is a ten-week paid summer program where students experience firsthand how one of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world operates and delivers strategic, innovative solutions.
Our Media Tech Program exposes students to technical opportunities across NBCUniversal's Operations & Technical Services as well as Technology organizations and serves as a main pipeline into our Rotational Associate Programs. As an NBCUniversal Media Tech Intern, you will:
• Begin your internship with a 2-day immersion experience in New York City, which introduces you to NBCUniversal and specifically our Technical organizations and operations.
• Be placed on an assignment (matched from your skillset and interest), which provides you with hands-on experience, allowing you to apply your classroom knowledge to practical situations.
• Participate in a Speaker Series program where you learn about different aspects of the organization from senior management in small group settings.
• Compete in a challenging real-world team project among your fellow Media Tech interns, including a presentation to key stakeholders.
Potential Opportunities Span across:
Operations & Technical Services
NY, NJ, LA:
Broadcast Technical Services
Graphics Implementation & Technology
Engineering Studio Tech Systems
Advanced Media Engineering
Video Player Platforms
Dry Creek Operations Engineering
Global Media Operations
International Media Operations
Dry Creek Engineering
Sales Research Analytics Technology
NBC News Tech
Digital Products & Interactive Media
Filmed Entertainment Technology
Universal Parks Technology
NY: Studio Operations Qualifications/Requirements Qualifications for all roles:
-Rising Juniors or Seniors pursuing a degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, -Information Technology or related field), or comparable work or military experience
-Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
-Able to work for 10 weeks in one of the following locations: NY, NJ, CT, CO, WA, or LA Desired Characteristics • Passionate about staying current with technology landscape
• Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to work effectively as part of a project/program team and foster team cooperation
• Proven self-awareness in a variety of work environments
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Previous work experience in an office environment
• Previous media or technology industry experience is a plus
• Demonstrated technical/analytical skills and sharp business acumen
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Intellectual curiosity, tenacity, grit, humility
• Personal drive and willingness to roll up one's sleeves