Summer Intern - Consumer and Market Intelligence
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Responsibilities Are you interested in knowing what viewers think about your favorite TV shows? Are you interested in seeing first-hand how the research methods you learned in school are used at a broadcast TV network?
The NBC CONSUMER AND MARKET INTELLIGENCE department (aka NBC Program Research) is responsible for primary research and audience analysis for NBC Entertainment television programs. Interns will have the opportunity to assist with a variety of different on-going projects and will work directly with our analysts and executives on tracking series performances and analyzing social media commentary, screening new TV pilots, preparing presentations, analyzing open-ended responses, reviewing focus groups, and conducting secondary research on the Internet. There will be an opportunity to learn about different research methodologies and their application to the business objectives of a TV broadcast network. The NBC Consumer and Market Intelligence department works together with a variety of departments (including: NBC Development and Primetime series, NBC Alternative & Specials, NBC Agency, NBC Scheduling, and NBC Late Night programming). This is a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in learning about the television entertainment industry and the field of program research.
• Must be in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without holding a visa or sponsorship to do so.
• Must be able to work on-site in Universal City, CA.
• Please note: NBCUniversal prohibits interns from participating in any other internship programs while employed by NBCUniversal without written permission form the Vice President, Talent Integration and Pipeline Programs, or her successor or designee. Qualifications/Requirements Computer literacy is a MUST, particularly in Microsoft WORD and EXCEL. Proficiency in Microsoft POWERPOINT and coursework in research is a plus as well as social media platforms. Awareness of broadcast network TV shows is very helpful.