Human Resources Generalist
Full Time Job
The HR Generalist will work independently and in conjunction with the rest of the Telemundo HR team acting in the capacity of a business partner to assigned client groups and responsible for meeting day-to-day HR needs. The successful candidate should have been exposed to several of these areas in HR: employee relations, recruiting and staffing, workforce planning analysis, training and development, organizational development; performance management, HR administration, compensation and benefits.
• Serve as point of contact for managers and employees regarding HR policies, procedures, and programs.
• Provide guidance and counsel to the management team regarding applicable legal and regulatory compliance issues, company policy and effective management of their employees, which includes working closely with employment counsel
• Coach managers and employees on performance management, career counseling, corrective action process, and employee relations issues. Seek guidance and inclusion from employment counsel at appropriate times.
• Partner with client group management to identify and address needs within client group
• Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
• Manage legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
• Conducts investigations of employee relations issues and makes recommendations for action.
• Provides coaching and counseling to employees and to managers
• Works with managers and Human Resources Operations staff to ensure proper hiring/transfer/termination processes are followed utilizing in-house tools to complete the transactions
• Coordinate and, on occasion, facilitate employee meetings (e.g. Survey Feedback, Performance Management Training)
• Organizes and executes employee engagement events
Training and Development
• Coordinates and delivers various training programs and present training materials
• Implements and tracks Performance Management Plans. Ensures managers are following process according to guidelines and timeframes to insure completion
• Provides programs to help new managers assimilate into the organization
• Oversees the internship and early career programs at Telemundo Enterprises
• Manages the staffing process, working with hiring managers and Talent Acquisition to identify recruitment strategies ensuring diverse candidate slates
• Participates in the hiring and on-boarding process for incoming employees
• Conducts exit interviews; reports on trends and recommends remedial actions
• Manages assigned projects within budget and by deadline
• BA or BS degree required; degree in Human Resources preferred
• Minimum 3 years of related experience
• Experience in HR organizations with heavy emphasis on employee relations
• Knowledge of US employment laws
• Intermediate to advanced expertise with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to analyze detailed reports
• Ability to multi task and manage multiple priorities
• Fluency in English and Spanish (written and oral)
• Collaboration & Team Work: Ability to earn trust and credibility by completing own share of the team's work; place team priorities above own personal agenda; appropriately consider others' opinions on matters that affect the team; challenge proposed actions in a way that facilitates constructive discussion; support team decisions, even if different from own opinion.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below (38424BR) to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Greater Miami Area, FL
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Familiarity with HR systems (e.g. SAP, BrassRing/Kenexa desired)
• PHR/SPHR certification desired
• Master's Degree preferred