Milwaukee BucksMilwaukee, WI
Full Time Job
The Event Manager will oversee all event operational matters for meetings, special events, sporting events and concerts assigned. This individual is responsible for creating and fostering an efficient, productive, and consistent working relationship among all arena departments in order to ensure operational excellence.
• Serves as the interface between the facility and its clients, ensuring all elements of clients' events are thoroughly vetted among the departments while insuring adherence to all appropriate regulations and policies.
• Manage event specifics with all departments and vendors, clearly describing the clients' objectives, and planning details regarding schedules, staffing, and equipment rentals, to all departments by utilizing all necessary internal resources to ensure events are properly set up, operated, and closed out.
• Working with clients to understand their needs, working with internal staff to develop detailed event plans and issue contracts. Manage event specifics with all departments and vendors, clearly communicating the clients' objectives and planning details regarding schedules, staffing, equipment rentals, etc.
• Ensure that the equipment, physical set-up and personnel provided meet the requirements of the event and the tenant's contractual agreement.
• Supervises event load-ins/load-outs as assigned.
• Monitor performance of back of house staff including, stagehands & riggers, security & medical and all other event related staff.
• Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.Inspect buildings and specific public areas to evaluate suitability for occupancy, considering such factors as air circulation, lighting, location, and expected crowd-size and event requirements.
• Prepare all event related estimates and final cost tracking.
• Compile revenue and expense reports for each event, preparing invoice back-up for Accounting, and handle client follow up on billing, including resolving any disputes.
• Prepare detailed post event notes to provide insight into future event operations.
• Anticipate problems and appropriate solutions. Investigates, analyzes and resolves operational problems and complaints.
• Ensure successful event coordination activities by supervising and training Event Coordinators.
• Other duties as assigned.
This position requires a seasoned professional with energy, passion, entrepreneurial spirit and the following:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a venue or high volume customer service industry.
• Work irregular schedule to insure proper supervision of all events as described above and activities scheduled in the facility, as required. Work time periods (in addition to daytime periods) include approximately one hundred events per year that occur on nights, weekends, and holidays
• Possess knowledge of the principles of facility management, building operations, maintenance, practices and safety requirements.
• Knowledge of methods in setting up/tearing down events, housekeeping/cleaning techniques of public facilities.
• Strong project management and organizational skills in which attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects on time and within budget.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to navigate organizations in order to build relationships and garner support; ability to work collaboratively with cross functional work teams and to establish rapport with others; strong teamwork and synergy skills required.
• Ability to think creatively, work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Must be proficient in MS Office (Excel, PP, Word), and MS Outlook. Experience with CAD is preferred.
• Be aware of fire and safety codes, health codes and ADA requirements
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Position will be evaluated on organization skills and his/her attention to detail.
• Ability to work with a client from the moment their event is booked, through the set-up, event, and post-event milestones.
• Ability to work with co-workers, communicate information in an appropriate manner and successfully accomplish our goal of being the most successful and respected Sports and Entertainment Company in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• What are your salary requirements?