Mills EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Mills Entertainment is the industry leader in branded live entertainment. We collaborate with top artists and content partners to produce and promote engagements at theaters, arenas, casinos, and colleges throughout the United States and internationally. Mills is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The work we do is exciting, challenging, and enjoyable. We are seeking applicants with a passion for live entertainment and a desire to join the industry's leading team.
The Ticketing Specialist will oversee all aspects of ticket sales for two Mills Entertainment properties and their upcoming tours including planning, analyzing & policy implementation. This includes building, coordinating & maintaining ticketing information on various ticketing platforms across North America in a timely manner to ensure maximization of ticket sales revenue. The position will set-up scaling and confirm proper controls are in place and company policies and procedures are followed. Marketing knowledge of current ticketing trends in entertainment industry is essential.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage and assist with the event build, maintenance, management, and box office settlement.
• Create box office instructions for venues and ticketing systems and review for accuracy, consistency and completeness.
• Forward the box office instructions to the individual venue box offices and work with the box office staff to resolve any questions they might have. Confirm the venue will complete the building of the event in their system within the timeline prescribed.
• Verify the venue box office ticketing set-up is accurate and consistent with the box office instructions related to on sale dates, standard pricing, discounts and pre-sale codes, service charges, facility fees, online information and sales channels enabled. Make any needed corrections, and re-proof as necessary. Checking discounts online and accuracy of online information is consistent and meets all company criteria.
• Effective communication with Mills team regarding the event build in regards to the timeliness of completion as it relates to their event going on sale as scheduled.
• Assist with monitoring of ticket sales.
• Track discounts and analyze sales with recommendations in regards to flexing prices.
• Make recommendations & oversee set-up and settlement of tickets sold thru discounting platforms (ex: Groupon), third-party sellers (ex: StubHub), & consignment tickets.
• Analyze sales patterns, pricing & conversion rates recommending action throughout campaigns.
• Provide settlement documentation (discount platforms, codes, etc.) at the conclusion of events
• Compile and distribute consistent and accurate sales reports for multiple tours and properties.
• Negotiation of ticketing contracts (ex: Ticketmaster) when needed.
• Able to comprehend complex situations and identify successful resolutions.
• Must be detail oriented and have effective multitasking skills.
• Have strong analytical, problem solving, and resolution skills.
• Creation of best practices and policies.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Possible travel required (to be discussed).
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
• Bachelor's Degree required with minimum of 3 years' experience in a box office/ticket office setting.
• Experience in accounting, customer service is preferred.
• Knowledge of ticketing software, ideally Ticketmaster
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
• Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative with strong project management skills, coordinating multiple tasks, prioritizing, in a fast-paced environment.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Flexibility as hours will vary depending on engagement assignments and special projects.
• Proficient with MS Office applications, particularly Excel
• Highly organized and attentive to detail
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online