Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is seeking an attorney with prior legal affairs experience to provide legal support to the studio's various marketing, promotions, and publicity activities. The position involves working with clients in multiple business units (including theatrical, television, home entertainment, digital platforms, and consumer products), as well as providing subject matter expertise to other lawyers and business affairs executives across the studio. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment with meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Drafting and negotiating various commercial agreements related to the advertising, marketing, promotion and publicity of the studio's films, television shows, and related entertainment properties. This includes, but is not limited to: agreements related to the production, development and/or exploitation of creative materials with vendors, service providers, independent contractors, media companies and digital/social media platforms; license agreements; event agreements; sponsorship, and promotion and brand integration agreements.
• Reviewing all elements of creative marketing materials and advising the business on clearance and rights issues as well as preparing releases for the use of third party materials in advertising and marketing materials, including familiarity with production clearance issues and ability to handle copyright and trademark matters
• Working familiarity with distribution-related and acquisition agreements
• Evaluating licensing, production, talent, and other related agreements to evaluate marketing rights and third party approvals
• Drafting and revising contest/sweepstakes rules, regulations, and release forms
• Performing additional responsibilities as assigned and directed by the SVP, Distribution & Marketing, Business Affairs and Legal
• J.D. from an accredited law school
• Member of the California State Bar or Registered with the California Bar as in house counsel
• Prior legal experience with an entertainment/advertising law firm or in-house legal department of a motion picture or television company or advertising agency (or similar)
• Excellent drafting, negotiating and analytical skills
• A strong understanding and interest in marketing, advertising, digital and social media
• Professional individual who can build strong relationships, both internally and externally, and is able to comfortably interact with all levels of employees
• Highly detail oriented and organized with exceptional ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Self-starter with a very strong work ethic and the ability to work as part of a team but also independently with minimal supervision
• Familiarity with marketing and advertising regulations from the FTC, COPPA and CARU preferred
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.