Method StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Model or Texture Lead and to the CG Supervisor (per project), the Texture Artist will create textures as assigned by the CG Supervisor. The position requires a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create textures as assigned by Supervisor.
• Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
• Ensure all working files are efficiently organized and that all work complies with Method's technical standards and specifications.
• Follow Supervisor directions, ensuring textures created are accurate and effective.
• Fully comprehend the requirements of the designs thereby creating textures true to the approved concept and direction.
• Create and modify textures by following the creative direction of the production.
• Interact with production team in a positive manner and take direction and criticism in good humour
• Report technical problems and potential problems to Supervisors in a timely fashion.
• 2 years Texturing experience
• Good knowledge of displacement map and normal map generation
• Knowledge of Maya
• Proficiency in Mari and Photoshop
• Mudbox, Zbrush and substance painter/designer knowledge is a plus
• Technical understanding of colour space
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Excellent team player.
• Excellent file management skills.
• Good communication skills