Pipeline TD - Show
Method StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Method Studios is currently in search of a Technical Director. The focus of this role is in the VFX live-action pipeline.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support and enhance existing in-house tools and frameworks.
• Develop tools using third party and open-source software.
• Extend and integrate asset tracking frameworks and artist tools.
• Communicate with show supervisors regarding show requests.
• Develop a complete understanding of artist workflows.
• Provide guidance and support to ATDs.
• Maintain a positive and professional attitude.
• At least 5 years industry experience in a similar role.
• Undergraduate degree/diploma in a related technology discipline.
• VFX Post Production for Feature Films - processes, techniques, technologies and software.
• Supporting and developing tools for: Assest tracking, Character/crowd pipeline, QuickTime generation.
• Familiarity with the APIs and use of: Houdini, RV, Alembic,Qube, Shotgun, Arnold, V-Ray, Programming experience in C , Familiarity with developing on OS X platform, SQL and NoSQL databases
• Strong knowledge of Python.
• Strong knowledge of Linux and shell scripting.
• Good Experience with Maya and Nuke APIs.
• Good understanding of VFX colour workflows.
• Ability to problem solve unsupervised and recommend technical solutions.
• Ability to learn new technologies as required.
• Willingness to learn existing in-house frameworks
• Positive can-do attitude and an ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.