Method StudiosNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Responsibilities & Duties
• Operating NLE systems (Avid & Final Cut Pro)
• Operating OSD and DITV systems for various dailies projects
• Have basic knowledge of Color Correction
• Assist Colorists with telecine setup which includes; pre-syncing audio, setup of telecine room, striping tapes, and routing
• Transcoding files and have an understanding of various codecs and their specified purposes
• DVD/Blu-Ray basic encoding/authoring using Adobe Encore/DVD Studio Pro
• Proficient in creation of dubs and labels.
• Prepares and maintains dub requirement.
• Perform Deluxe quality control procedures.
• Prepares materials for shipping correctly and carefully, including labeling.
• Handling of film and videotape elements.
• Keeping accurate session notes.
• Completing work orders on a timely and accurate basis.
• Communicating with other Video Data Centre - VTR operators and support staff.
• Maintain and foster positive relationships with clients and staff.
• Maintain the best possible work environment, including identifying informing engineering and support staff of any technical errors as well as suggesting improvements and/or upgrades.
• May be required to attend pre-production meetings with clients and staff.
• Adhere to Security regarding vaulting materials in safe and secure environment relating to piracy and unauthorized duplications.
• Knowledge of video tape and audio elements.
• Understanding of audio and video signal levels and routing.
• Must have good communication skills both oral and written.
• Must have strong problems solving skills and ability to manage workload and meet deadlines.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Knowledge of the video, film, and production industry an asset.
• Must be able to work rotating shifts, graveyard shifts, and weekends.
• This position is eligible for overtime.
• Knowledge in the proper handling of all film and digital images a plus.