Spring Intern - Inventory
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
We are seeking a part-time inventory intern for the Spring of 2018, 2 days per week. It is a fast-paced environment that handles book fulfillments, distribution, and inventory consolidation. This is an amazing opportunity to gain publishing experience that will enhance one's knowledge of the Marvel Universe. You can create own destiny with perseverance and a good mindset.
Clerical work includes filing of paperwork and locating books for business and corporate requests
Learn to distinguish the different variant covers created by the artists in our collection
Prepare the weekly on-sale comics and trade bundles for the editorial staff to use as reference materials
Handle the incoming shipments and sort the comics and other books in the designated sections
Gather specific titles printed on the lists for the individual freelancers to receive as comp copies
Prepare the mailings in bulk shipments to streamline operating costs
Assist in maintaining the storage room in a organized format
• Previous clerical or part-time retail experience
• Knowledge of writers and artists' works within the comic industry is preferred
• Should be professional, dependable, well organized, and able to work with minimal supervision
• Light lifting of shipments is required - flexibility is a plus
• Must come in for the entire work day on Fridays - other days are negotiable
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
• All candidates must be available during the months of January through April/May.
• All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
• Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
• Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
• Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree, candidate should be either a Junior or Senior enrolled in college/university, majoring in liberal arts or art history.