Fall Intern - Print Production
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Print Production Interns perform quality control for all printed materials, including, but not limited to, comics, trade paperbacks, and hard cover books. Maintaining the quality of our printed materials is extremely important, so a keen eye for detail is a must. Throughout this internship you will learn the ins and outs of all aspects of quality control, especially in regards to our comic books.
Quality control is one of the most important aspects of this position: our intern will be trained to check for printing flaws, to communicate any flaws to the vendors, and to assist in resolving any issues. Interns are also responsible for generating and updating reports using Excel, archiving and maintaining tracking worksheets, distributing material to the staff, and organizing printed materials.
• Able to commute to Manhattan
• Available for at least 12 hours (up to 21 hours) per week, split between 2-5 days
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to communicate efficiently through e-mail
• Strong attention to detail
• Must be responsible and organized
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
• All candidates must be available during the months of September through December.
• All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
• Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
• Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
• Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.