Junior Financial Analyst
MarVista EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
MarVista Entertainment is a fast-growing, full-service independent entertainment studio with a mission to produce, acquire, and distribute premium film and television programming worldwide. MarVista is looking for a Junior Financial Analyst who will excel in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, this role supports the company with regard to financial analysis, planning, and forecasting. The key focus will be the financial analysis of each of the existing lines of business; developing reporting, forecasts, models, and decision-making tools. This role will also support new business initiatives as they arise.
• Prepare, analyze, and interpret monthly financial results, forecasts and external reporting for the Company's financial operations.
• Work with Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis to develop the annual budget.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the key business drivers of the company and learn to forecast each line of business.
• Participate in month-end close and provide regular reporting of key operating metrics.
• Assist in process mapping and updating system descriptions for new implementations.
• Prepare ad hoc analysis for management.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned by Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
• Demonstrates a friendly and cooperative attitude with internal and external contacts in a professional environment.
• Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
• Ability to take direction and demonstrates a willingness to learn and grow within the role.
• Well-organized, self-directed team player.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Prioritizes and plans work with an eye to deadlines, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
• Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Must have Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
• 0-1 years of experience in Financial Planning & Analysis
• Strong working knowledge of Excel, including Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP/SUMIF formulas a plus
• Knowledge of Finance/Accounting/GAAP principles.
• Strong analytical skills and business/financial acumen.
• Candidates must demonstrate strong quantitative and problem solving abilities.
• Experience in a corporate FP&A environment with standardized FP&A process and/or leadership program a plus
• Interest in Entertainment and Media, particularly the business aspects of the established and developing markets.
Please note that candidates who are qualified for this position will be requested to complete an employment pre-screening test. A background check will be required of any candidate who is offered the position.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online