MarVista EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
MarVista Entertainment, a full service independent studio and distribution company is looking for a Director of Distribution. This individual's primary function will be responsibility for content licensing activities in the United States and Canada. This role will also include distribution/licensing planning as well as strategy and coordination with domestic development/co-production and acquisition teams.
• Licenses (linear, SVOD, AVOD, etc.) completed content in the U.S. and Canada with focus on developing direct relationships with key players (i.e. broadcasters, platforms, etc.)
• Oversees, manages and negotiates licensing agreements from deal template to close with support from Legal Department where needed.
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with key partners in the territories, providing main point of contact for partners.
• Identifies new opportunities/partners in markets and stays aware of changing players and business models to contribute to new market development.
• Works with the team to create an annual licensing and revenue budget, ensuring alignment with upper management strategy.
• Creates regular sales and follow up reports.
• Attends key television and film markets.
• Travels as needed.
Planning and Strategy
• Together with team, drives annual planning process.
• Helps commercial team track company's licensing revenue against budget on a monthly basis.
• Makes budget recommendations to upper management as necessary prior to each monthly operating review.
• Collaborates with key internal teams, i.e. production, acquisitions, finance and legal.
• Liaises with Operations team for most efficient workflow and practices.
• Exhibits values and is an ambassador for MarVista's culture within sales team.
• Provides input to development and acquisition teams on acquisition of content.
• Reviews material as necessary to advise on acquisition targets.
• Identifies project opportunities externally and direct to relevant internal team/s.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of licensing experience with existing relationships with programming executives.
• Pre-existing relationships and sales tracks record with premium and basic cable networks, broadcast platforms, and SVOD, AVOD, etc. services required.
• Highly motivated, entrepreneurial and driven to exceed targets.
• Organizational skills to oversee windowing product through multiple sales cycles, inventory management, and building and managing region's budget.
• Excellent communication skills.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online