In-House Legal Counsel
Lucky 8 TVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are seeking a hardworking and motivated lawyer to serve as In-House Legal Counsel at Lucky 8 TV. This role is responsible for performing day-to-day production and administrative legal work, participating in and contributing to strategic deal discussions, providing risk assessment for production-related matters, advising and communicating with all company and project departments regarding various legal matters.
• Perform and/or supervise day-to-day legal production work for company projects
• Draft and negotiate development and production agreements (i.e. producer, writer, production services, talent agreements, location releases, etc.)
• Track options, extensions, and other deadlines to ensure timely exercise or expiration in deal-making processes.
• Review, revise, and negotiate various general administrative agreements such as independent contractors, work for hire agreements, and vendor agreements.
• Screen, review and produce legal opinions on in-house production cuts, flagging potential issues to avoid legal ramifications.
• Stay updated on legislative changes to ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure.
• Review documents for and assist Human Resources in compliance obligations.
• Effective negotiator with a strong track record negotiating complex & strategic deals
• Understanding of and interest in production
• Strong research and writing skills
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Minimum of 2-4 years of legal experience required
• Experience in entertainment preferred
• JD degree
• Admittance to NY State Bar or ability to register with NY State Bar as in-house counsel required
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online