Paid Intern - Business Operations
Los Angeles ClippersLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Are you looking for an opportunity to be a part of the business operations for the Front Office of a professional basketball team?
Are you interested in the fields of Human Resources, Corporate Partnerships, Communications, Community Relations, Marketing, or Digital Media?
If you answered yes to these questions, you should consider applying for the LA Clippers Summer Internship opportunity.
We are committed to building the LA Clippers into a hard-changing and fiercely competitive sports organization and business entity. Our front office's focus centers on Steve's vision, which is comprised of the following 6 objectives:
1. Win NBA Championships
2. Build Our Brand / Generate Profit
3. Make Staples Center Our Home Arena
4. Become A Beloved Community Partner
5. Drive Innovation
6. Work Every Day to Transform the LA Clippers Into A World-Class And Globally-Recognized Sports Organization.
We are looking for individuals to strengthen these objectives by spending time within their assigned departments, as well as on other elements crafted to provide a well-rounded and one-of-a-kind experience of what it's like to work for LA Clippers.
• Assist in executing department-specific and organization-wide projects including LAC special events.
• Attend and engage in Brown Bag lunch and learn discussions with senior staff and other speakers.
• Prepare and deliver a group project presentation on selected topic to panel of Front Office staff.
• Liaise with team members via mentorship pairings.
• Rising junior, rising senior, or graduate student standing in a college or university.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• Ability to excel in teams and individually as required by business need.
• Driven dedication with the ability to handle projects from origin through execution.
• Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.
• Effective interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
• Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
10-Week Program: Monday, June 11 through Friday, August 17, 2018.
Interns are expected to work full time (40 hours per week) for the duration of the program.
Interns will receive $13.25/hr with eligibility for overtime pay. Interns may receive academic credit through their school if needed.
Please send your resume and cover letter by January 31, 2018 for consideration. We expect to extend offers by mid-March.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The LA Clippers are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper's desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination.
• How did you hear about this job?