Intern - Ticket Operations
Kansas City RoyalsKansas City, MO
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Ticket Operations Intern will assist the box office staff with their daily operations. Reporting to the Ticket Operations Manager this position is responsible for providing superior customer service to fans, supporting departments as it relates to their ticketing needs, and assisting with various Ticket Operations iniatives throughout the season. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
• Process and distribute season, group, single game, and internal ticket orders
• Assist in game day operations, including fan support, guest/player will call and walk-up ticket sales
• Maintain patron records in the Royals ticketing software and related systems
• Provide operations support to the Ticket Sales and Ticket Services departments
• Create, update, and maintain operation manuals and sales reports
• Implement new ideas to improve the day to day efficiency of the Ticket Operations department
• Conduct research on trends within the industry as it relates to ticketing
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university or have graduated from an accredited college or university
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,etc)
• Strong written and oral communication, prioritization, and organizational skills
• Provide outstanding customer service while working in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
• Assertive, resourceful, self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Technologically inclined
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays?
2. Are you proficient in Microsoft Office? (Word, Excel, etc.)
3. Do you live in the Kansas City Metro Area?
4. Are you able to work January-October?
5. Do you have a degree or are you working towards one?