ITV AmericaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ITV America is the largest independent non-scripted producer in the US. ITV America is behind some of the biggest brands on American television, both in non-scripted and scripted programming. This includes series such as 'Hell's Kitchen,' 'First 48,' 'Cake Boss,' 'Hatfields & McCoys,' 'Teen Wolf,' 'Pawn Stars' and 'Real Housewives of New Jersey.' Across the group we produce hundreds of hours of successful programming across multiple networks. In this role, the individual will act as counsel for ITV and its various production companies. The individual will have exposure to all aspects of the entertainment industry, such as unscripted/reality, documentary-style and scripted television, digital and other audiovisual projects, and music. Further, the individual will also assist with non- entertainment related issues, such as corporate formation and preparation of corporate documents, business transactions, employment matters, and other legal issues that arise.
- Conduct legal risk assessment and advise on best practices regarding real life characters, events, and brands
- Work with production teams to address potential defamation and privacy issues
- Conduct pre-broadcast review of transcripts and cuts
- Assist with litigation and dispute resolution matters
- Experience in television, documentary, or film production
- Practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving, tempered by an appreciation of legal complexity and
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills; able to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situation
- Capacity to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Advanced analytical and computer skills
- Common sense and a good sense of humor a plus
- 0-2 years of legal experience (with at least a strong and demonstrable interest in entertainment law, and news gathering/media law)
- Juris Doctor and membership in good standing with the New York Bar, or the ability to register as In-House Counsel in New York State.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online