Director, People Analytics
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu's TAO (Talent & Organization) team is seeking a Director of People Analytics who will be an exceptional addition to our team. As Director, People Analytics at Hulu, you will play an essential role in aligning Hulu's people processes and programs with our data-driven culture. You will use data, intuition and leadership to provide insight into our people practices and help shape and execute Hulu's talent strategy. You will lead a team to leverage existing systems and sources of data (as well as develop new ones) to help guide and influence leaders toward effective management and leadership practices. In this role, you will have an opportunity to shape the People Analytics strategy and team to deliver important insight, and drive meaningful change to Hulu's most important asset, our Hulugans. The ideal candidate has a strong attention to detail, sets a high bar for him/herself, likes to solve problems, is intellectually curious and is an innovator. If you are someone who thrives in a team environment and gains personal satisfaction when sharing knowledge and partnering with teams across Hulu, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Responsible for guiding the strategic direction of Hulu's key people data sources
• Lead & manage Hulu's employee engagement (HuluCares) initiative/program
• Provide Leadership/Team Management and development
• Build and enable Hulu's People Analytics function to support the organization in making objective, informed decisions surrounding our workforce
• Consult with key stakeholders to help them use people analytics most effectively
• Drive analytical projects that provide insights related to our talent strategy
• Create executive level presentations to bring out insights clearly and concisely
WHAT TO BRING
• Ability to lead and manage a team to integrate data from multiple systems and develop analytics and insights related to Hulu's workforce strategy and trends.
• Proven experience in Workday and other business intelligence tools
• Proven ability to (as well as lead a team who can) analyze data, perform trend analysis and identify data discrepancies.
• Ability to help end users better utilize Workday reporting solutions.
• Assist in developing high quality deliverables and presentations (catered to the audience and with close attention to detail)
• Experience in data collection process and data analysis. How to use data to drive decisions.
• Experience in data mining/visualization tool such as Tableau, R, SQL.
• Drive all phases of an analytics project – from understanding the key hypotheses, to framing the possible analytic techniques to be applied and ensuring the needed data is available or must be captured, to querying and creating the analytics / machine learning / models and to creating presentations to clearly communicate insights and recommendations.
• Understanding of HR policies, procedures, strategies, goals and objectives.
• Ability to lead and set the Talent Analytics roadmap to drive business goals.
• Proven planning, project management, and leadership skills managing and leading a high-performing team
• Lead large scale, global HR system implementations
• Building out complex business process workflows in system configurations
• Strong project & vendor management aptitude
• Creation of effective testing strategies and test plans
• Capable and confident communicator with ability to partner and influence at all levels of organization
• Demonstrated ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision making
• Demonstrated agility in a constantly changing environment and comfort rolling up sleeves to get things done
• Be invested in our core values, we are one team, we relentlessly pursue better ways, character matters. A lot
• Partner with IT Security to insure data integrity and compliance
• Ensure the delivery of holistic, top-down, structured analytical approaches focused on data storytelling that communicates data insights involving a combination of data, visuals and narrative to explain what is happening in the data and why the insights from data are important.
• Partner with key stakeholders to understand the data and help drive change management process ensuring sustainability of solutions delivered.
• 10 years of relevant People Analytics experience leading a team focused on delivering insight on the talent practices of an organization.
• Outstanding consultative, critical thinking, analytical and communication skills with ability to operate strategically and build effective partnerships across the organization.
• Proven experience working with data to solve problems, preferably in a space related to talent and HR strategy.
• Expertise in a range of statistical and analytical tools and techniques.
• PhD, MS, or MBA in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Economics or related field desirable.
• Proven ability to integrate disparate data sources into one data warehouse accessible by the People Analytics team themselves as well as others in the broader HR team.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.