Full Time Job
The Technical Evaluator is responsible for performing 100% technical review and analysis of all assets acquired for distribution across all HBO platforms. This individual is expected to ensure only technically sound content is used for broadcast and/or distribution, guaranteeing all assets adhere to specific technical specifications and qualitative standards. He/She must be able to perform an extensive and detailed assessment of all forms of recorded media, with specific proficiency in the file formats MXF, AS-O2, OP1a, ProRes, and IMF. This requires review of internal technical evaluation reports, identifying any/all errors and anomalies, and recommending/executing solutions for correction. He/She must also have a broad range of industry acquired experience and insight in all phases of production, post-production, and broadcast practices. This position will be located in HBO's Communication Center located in Hauppauge, NY. The regularly scheduled shift will be Monday-Friday, 5pm-1am.
• Perform detailed quality and technical evaluation for all product procured for use on all HBO platforms
• Identify and report any deviations from technical standards, capture metadata, and prepare clear/concise written evaluations
• Research internal reports and historical records to recommend viable solutions to correct technical anomalies and/or determine next steps
• Operate equipment to measure, capture and qualify specific technical requirements during evaluation
• Verify technical fixes, revise evaluation reports, and update departmental records and databases
• Report equipment concerns/failures to appropriate parties including Management and
• 3-5 years of experience working in the television or film industry in a production and/or post-production capacity
• Expertise in mastering and distribution workflows, techniques, and standards
• Proficient with various file formats such as MXF, AS-O2, OP1a, ProRes, IMF, etc.
• Experience with file playback software; AmberFin proficiency a plus
• Extensive knowledge of television broadcast and broadband distribution technologies
• Familiarity with next generation formats such as UHD, HDR, Dolby Atmos, etc. a plus
• A motivated self-starter who expresses a willingness to learn new skills and stay current with broadcast technology trends
• Superior time management/multi-tasking/leadership skills and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Aptitude to make autonomous decisions and use sound judgment consistently and effectively
• Must be proficient in both Windows and Mac OS; Linux experience a plus
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online