Summer Intern - Technology Media Servicing Operations
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Media Servicing Operations (MSO) is responsible for managing the acquisition, creation, QC and delivery of digital programming assets for non-linear platforms including EST, International SVOD, DVD/BluRay.
• Maintain accurate and current information about HBO products for distribution to various platforms including EST (Domestic and International), International SVOD.
• Liaise with internal teams (i.e. Home Entertainment, Enterprises), and 3rd party vendors to ensure timely delivery of materials for file-based distribution.
• Update vendor dashboards to reflect delivery and production of materials.
• Enter screening reports into proprietary applications (i.e. PRIME, TEAM).
• Coordinate client delivery and tracking of materials including foreign audio and subtitles.
• Order the creation of files (includes J2K, ProRes, H.264, Wav) to be delivered to Foreign Affiliates and 3rd party vendors.
• Vet International schedules (launched and pre-launch) to determine format availability.
• Update TEAM application as new materials are created and QC'd.
• Review TEAM application data entry accuracy and mark screening sheets active.
• Accuracy, extreme attention to detail and strong organization skills are critical.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are also required.
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAIT:
• The ability to prioritize and multi-task.
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services-HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.