Summer Intern - Domestic Network Distribution
HBOSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The DND (Sales) intern will be tasked with assisting the Los Angeles based account teams with various projects aimed at increasing the subscriber base of HBO and Cinemax. This position will include a mix of independent projects and collaboration with a wider team. The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated and have a strong interest in learning how entertainment is distributed.
• Develop programming calendars
• Manage image requests
• Administer incentive fulfilment
• Data entry and analysis
• Manage events and other special projects
• Review Creative
• Assist with ad-hoc requests
• Conduct independent research
• Demonstrated interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
• Strategic and analytical capability, detailed oriented
• Creative, innovative thinker
• Excellent collaboration and creative problem solving abilities
• Self-starter; accountable and empowered
• Academic and/or professional experience in Marketing
• Interest in the business side of the entertainment industry
• Cable, Satellite, or Telco industry experience preferred
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, social media applications and mobile/streaming devices
The summer program runs for 10 weeks from June to August. Eligible students must be rising juniors or seniors enrolled in a degree granting university or college. A minimum 3.0 GPA. Able to work in Los Angeles and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing). Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment. Prior internship experience a plus. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.
Application deadline is February 2, 2018 About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services-HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.