Summer Intern - Domestic Network Distribution College
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The College Distribution intern will assist the NY and LA based account team with various projects aimed at increasing HBO penetration on college campuses nationwide, raising engagement of HBO GO and MAX GO and developing brand affinity with the next generation of HBO, Cinemax subscribers. The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated and have a strong interest in learning how entertainment is distributed and consumed on college campuses across the US.
• Manage and facilitate college materials for HBO owned website
• Assist with monthly school launches
• Research relevant industry developments and trends
• Support Back-To-School preparation Data analysis
• Support trade show efforts Assist with ad-hoc requests
• Manage events and other special projects
• Highly organized with rigorous attention to detail
• Strong verbal/written communication skills
• Strategic and analytical thinking
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, social media applications and mobile/streaming devices
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
• Ability to build relationships with excellent follow up/follow through
• Excellent collaboration and creative problem-solving abilities
• Enthusiasm for growing HBO's college presence and impact on future subscribers
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple priority projects simultaneously
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services-HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.