Sr. Compensation Analyst
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Job
Under general direction, this position will assist in the development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs in accordance with guidelines and policies to provide recommendations on compensation issues and proposals. This position will report to the Manager, Global Compensation.
• Conduct job analysis, evaluation and salary administration to determine appropriate salary grades, ranges, and pricing based on internal and external equity.
• Assist with analytical projects including the year-end compensation cycle
• Work closely with Employee Relations and Talent Acquisition teams on proposals for new hire offers, promotions, and adjustments.
• Participate in the survey submission process during survey season and any custom surveys
• Review survey results and proactively provide the analysis of market trend and recommendations for any changes in our structure or individual adjustments based on the data
• Provide market research when needed
• Bachelor's degree in Business or Human Resources Management or equivalent experience; CCP a plus
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in compensation
• Experience in technology, media, and entertainment industry is preferred
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced changing environment and be able to use independent judgment for decisions that may not be straightforward
• Knowledge of compensation principals, programs, practices
• Strong technical knowledge of excel required including development of spreadsheets with formulas, functions, pivot tables, lookups
• Experience with WorkDay is preferred
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at once
• Ability to handle sensitive HR information with high degree of confidentiality and discretion
• Must be detail oriented with strong analytical skills and be able to present analytical data in an easily understandable format?
• Excellent interpersonal and organization skills -
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services-HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.