Intern - Global Film Sales
Gunpowder & SkyNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Interested in learning more about the business behind the film industry, specifically how films are distributed and make money? The sales team is responsible for getting our films out there and available to the world by licensing to everyone from Netflix to Sky, and beyond. Thus, we are in constant communication with digital platforms and broadcasters in every major territory.
What to Expect:
• Understand the nuts and bolts of independent film distribution and the licensing process, from pitching to contracts to rights management systems
• Research and track new companies and relevant contacts
• Brainstorm, compile, and organize pitches for prospective buyers
• Learn how to watch films critically (from the perspective of a distributor) and express opinions effectively, evaluating for commercial appeal, financial potential, etc.
There are some basic requirements for our program that are necessary to ensure the best possible learning experience:
• All interns must be currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students who can receive academic credit for their internship
• You must bring a passion for film and the film industry
• STRONG attention to detail; great communication and research skills; and Microsoft Office, Dropbox, and Google Office + Drive skills are crucial
• A strong sense of responsibility and a commitment to learning
• A laptop
NOTE: This internship is unpaid, but we provide a $15/day stipend to cover lunch, travel expenses, etc.
Gunpowder & Sky is an award-winning independent global studio, dedicated to creating, marketing and distributing video content unrestricted by form, genre or platform. Gunpowder & Sky collaborates with both emerging and established talent to generate premium video content ranging from 90-second to 90-minute stories on all platforms. With in-house development, production, marketing and distribution capabilities, the company operates as a full 360-studio and oversees a library of over 1500 titles.
Working with numerous creative partners such as Hyde Park, Blumhouse, Caviar, DIGA, Full Fathom Five, Bona Fide Productions, Adaptive Studios and Den of Thieves, with investments and strategic partnerships with leading social video studios Cut and Shareability, Gunpowder & Sky has recently released or launched projects including Jeff Baena's (I Heart Huckabees) acclaimed religious satire, The Little Hours, starring Aubrey Plaza, Alison Brie, Dave Franco, Kate Micucci, John C. Reilly, Molly Shannon, Fred Armisen, Jemima Kirke and Nick Offerman which premiered to sold-out audiences in NY and LA and nabbed the highest per screen average for its opening weekend. Gunpowder & Sky is also responsible for Spotify's most viewed series Drawn & Recorded, the Herbalife exposé documentary, Betting on Zero, which debuted as the number one Documentary in the iTunes store, multi-platform sci-fi destination, DUST, and Ben Young's Hounds of Love which won the Overlook Film Festival's Jury and Audience Awards for Best Feature with Emma Booth winning Best Actress Award at the Venice Film Festival and Australian Academy Awards.
Upcoming projects include Sundance-selected Summer of 84; the film adaption of Jeff Hart's novel Eat, Brains, Love; Sarah Benincasa's DC Trip; and the Jackass-style, next generation stunt series, Too Stupid To Die.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in NY and London, Gunpowder & Sky was founded by Van Toffler, Floris Bauer and Otter Media, a joint venture of AT&T and The Chernin Group.
Job Code: New York
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online